DAWN

Type: Thames Sailing Barge
Length: 82ft
Beam: 
Draft:
Displacement: 
Engine:
Construction: Wood
Builder: Cook, Maldon
Year: 1897

Little of her history is known to the ADLS. In 1940 Dawn was owned by The London and Rochester Trading Company and skippered by Mr A C Mills.


Until 1992 Dawn was sailing as a charter barge when a rebuild was started and later abandoned.

Dawn is currently owned by the Dawn Sailing Barge Trust and is awaiting a complete rebuild.

She is the subject of an application for funds to the Heritage Lottery Fund.


Further Information:


Fri, 24/09/2010

The members and trustees are pleased to announce that the Thames Sailing Barge Dawn is now fully rebuilt and operational. The home port is now at West Mersea and with a good first season behind her she is undergoing some improvements and maintenance over the winter of 2010/11 and is hoping to re-join the Barge Match entrants for the next year and the foreseeable future, along with her charitable work.

On behalf of the Dawn Sailing Barge Trust Ltd.

http://www.dawn-trust.org.uk/

 

©2020 The Association of Dunkirk Little Ships. All rights reserved.